Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Search Goes On

It's surreal to find myself back in the position of applying and interviewing for jobs. It seems like just yesterday I was doing this the first time. It's hard to believe that a whole year has gone by since I became pregnant with Gavin and made the decision to delay working for a year. As always, God's timing was impeccable and I've had a wonderful year.

I think I've surprised myself with how much I'm enjoying my temporary job. Mind you, I'm not enjoying the exhaustion (which never seems to abate, no matter how early I get to bed!); but I feel like I'm really accomplishing something. And, working with my sister every day is one of the biggest blessings of my life. I have learned so much. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that the girl is an absolute genius when it comes to interpreting data. She is an expert in her field and I'm there like a sponge every day, soaking it all up!

I've interviewed for one position so far. I felt really good about the interview, but have not heard anything back yet. I'm trying hard not to let my mind play the typical tricks on me. I've turned in applications for about 20 different jobs so far, and I'm trusting that in due time, the perfect position will open up.

In other news...my mom is in Beijing China this week! She e-mailed us telling us what a great time she was having in her 5-star hotel (she mentioned massages and manicures). We're looking forward to being able to tell her "Happy Mother's Day" in person, as she'll fly here to finish up her vacation. My dad and his uncle will also be coming into town on their way home(ish) from a family reunion. It should be a relaxing weekend. I just hope the weather holds out so that we can tackle some of our outdoor projects!

No comments: